MessageGears' campaign management software integrates directly with Snowflake using the Snowflake JDBC driver that is included with MessageGears. With this seamless integration, clients can directly access their Snowflake data regardless of where the MessageGears software is hosted, including AWS and Azure. This integration allows users to access their Snowflake data natively with MessageGears' audience builder, content personalization, and orchestration features without replication, data mapping or synchronization. For an example of how to set up a new Snowflake environment for use with MessageGears, you can check the following help page, Connecting to Snowflake with MessageGears.
Snowflake Integration Setup
Have an Accelerator System Administrator connect to the Snowflake instance using the Accelerator Database connection portal.
- Select "Snowflake" as your Database Type.
- Enter a unique and meaningful name for the database connection.
- Enter the Account Name and Port. This is the account and region name as defined by Snowflake.
- Enter a User Name and Password that will allow Accelerator to connect to the Snowflake instance. If the user does not have a password associated with it, you may leave the password field blank. This is the primary way to apply connectivity and access permissions to Accelerator to limit what data it has access to. The user is also the preferred place for Snowflake users to apply warehouse permissions.
- Optionally, make this the default connection for the application so that users are able to have this connection used by default in the various locations within Accelerator.
- Further define the Connection Defaults. Defaults are settings such as a Default Table or Default Schema that allow an Admin to make the experience in Accelerator more hassle-free by dictating the default areas where an Accelerator user will access data. The currently supported defaults are:
- Unique Id Column
- Preference Column
- Email Column
- Push App
- Push Address
- Push Service
- Define custom Datasource Properties. Datasource Properties are optional parameters that Accelerator will append to the connection string. See the official Snowflake documentation for a list of available parameters.