Multivariate Testing is a tool which allows you to send message variations to a subset of recipients for the purposes of testing engagement. This practice is traditionally known as A/B testing. However, instead of a traditional two (A or B) variation limit, you can test and evaluate up to 26 campaign variations with MessageGears Accelerator.
There are two types of Multivariate Tests available in Accelerator: Subject Line and Full Template
Subject Line allows you to quickly and easily enter different message titles in your tests without any template changes. Subject lines can be personalized using FreeMarker.
Full Template allows you to change the message appearance and uses the subject saved with each Template.
- The best multivariate tests use a small number of variations and subtle changes within each. This approach is especially important when testing full templates.
- Although you can test the subject line or template variations, you cannot change the associated context data.
- Multivariate testing features are only available within Marketing Campaigns.
Accelerator allows you to set a specific test size among your recipients. You may elect to set either a
- proportion of total recipients (Percent) or
- defined number of total recipients (Absolute)
Once the test is sent, refer to the test details in your job notification and use the resulting engagement data to determine the response winner. Then, send messages to remaining recipients using the winning content.